Over the last weekend, JTAC completed the conversion of Allen County courts to the Odyssey system that they began in early 2011. Our customers' access to Allen County court information will not be interrupted by this change.
For Doxpop, the last three years have involved some challenges as we combined data feeds from two sources to provide complete case information, and recently weathered some lengthy interruptions caused by the conversion process itself.
For Doxpop users, this last change will have little effect on your use of Doxpop. Criminal, Citation and Probate cases were converted some time ago, and hence are completely unaffected. Civil cases other than probate will go through a transitional process, but *current* information will remain available during the transition.
Here are the details you need to remain current on civil cases during the transition between now (10/15) and the first week of November:
- When searching for active cases, you may find two entries. One entry will include only information from before 10/14 and the other entry will include all information, including actions that occurred after 10/14. In this situation, please look at both entries to ensure that you have the most current information.
- If you see only a single entry for a case, that indicates that no action has occurred on the case since 10/14 and so the single pre-conversion entry still reflects the most current information for that case.
- When you look at our "County Details Page", you will find two entries for courts that handle civil cases until the data from both systems are merged.
- If you use any of our "watch" services to keep an eye on cases or people of interest, you may receive extra notifications during the transition period.
- If you use the personal calendar feature, you will see two colors for Allen County on your calendar. Every event will still be listed, but the active cases will have a different color from those that have not changed recently.
- After the first week of November, we will merge the court information so that a single, current record exists for each case, and everything will be back to normal.
Watch this blog for an announcement when the transition is complete.