How does this change affect Doxpop customers in Hancock County?
The biggest change taking place is that Hancock County will no longer be participating in Doxpop's online fine payment service. Here are a few other changes worth mentioning:
- When you use Doxpop's personal calendar feature, you will see two colors for Hancock County on your calendar. Every event will be available, but the older cases will have a different color from the newer cases. When we complete the merge process, these will go back to being a single color.
- When you look at Hancock County's Details Page, you will find two entries for each court until the merge is complete.
- If you use any of our email alert services, you may receive extra notifications during the transition period.
- When you are doing searches, you will find two entries for some cases. This is because while we are loading the information from Odyssey, we will also be maintaining the old data until the operation is complete to ensure you don't miss anything. When you see two case entries, please look at both to ensure you have the most current information.
- The only lasting change in available information is the financial information. The Indiana Division of State Court Administration has informed us that the clerks using the Odyssey system prefer that financial information not be made public. The Clerks in the other 48 counties we serve have decided that this is useful information that the public should have access to, so we're puzzled that only Clerks using Odyssey have decided not to share this information. If you think financial transactions are an important part of the public record, please ask the clerks you work with to contact the Division about making it available through Doxpop.
If you have any questions regarding this transition, please call our toll free number at 866-369-7671.